Faqihin On Sunday 28 October 2012

Yet again, I am busy and so, my time for this blog would be limited.  Thus, I won't be posting much original artworks of mine...again but in the mean time, I'll post some other personally interesting stuffs to me.

I'm fond of making lists for things to do or movies to see.  I made a mental list of what to do for my semester break and Alhamdulillah, I manage to do them all.  It ranges from series marathon to recycling for extra cash and it was fun while it lasted.  Personally, the final mission was the best of them all when I get to see most of my childhood friends.  They say that in time, you and your childhood friends will grow apart and until that time comes, I'm going to try my best to see them all when I have the chance.

   But for this post, I'm focusing more on my must see/buy lists; movies, live shows or albums that I want to buy or watch.  The name 'must see/buy' isn't the best words for a list, quite honestly, but I'll try to find it soon.


THE 2012 LIST, NUMBER ONE


First on the list is always the annual WWE WRETLEMANIA! It was the 28th installment of the classic wrestling pay-per-view.  I would try my best to not miss this as I would buy every DVD since 2006.  Wrestlemania 22 was my first Wrestlemania and the most memorable match was when Rey Mysterio won his first World title in a triple threat match between Kurt Angle and Randy Orton.  It was a truly an inspiring victory not only is it because of Rey's underdog background but also it was a win for the recently deceased wrestler at the time, Eddie Guerrero.  You see, Wrestlemania to wwe fans are like the world cup for soccer fans.  It is the event that all fanatics has been waiting for every year or so (4 to 5 years for the World Cup...I'm not a huge soccer fan by the way).  And this year's event didn't disappoint as it at least had one very memorable match and that was The Undertaker vs Triple H.



Okay, this isn't a full post about Wrestlemania 28 and so I'll try not to overly write about my fandom for it.  But just for the record, the best match, despite the promotional poster, was a hell in a cell match between Undertaker and Triple H (With Shawn Micheals as the guess referee).  The action and the drama was just overwhelmingly good and the tagline, 'End of an era', was a major boost for the hype of the match.



NUMBER TWO


Movies are always a must on my list and this years' looks very awesome with the presence of The Dark Knight Rises and the comic book dream movie, Avengers.  Fortunately, I already wrote a review for this and thus saving my time for not having to write a longer post.

Be sure to read it! Movie reviews: The Avengers



NUMBER THREE 


Soon after The Avengers, DC's Dark Knight came to theaters and same goes with this film, I already wrote a review on it.  I love this poster by the way! Bane was definitely a wise choice for the next villain.  Despite the yearns for The Riddler, the fans still accepted Bane as he was.  Movie reviews: The Dark Knight Rises and Looper

I still prefer Batman over The Avengers by the way =P 



NUMBER FOUR


After The Dark Knight, it was suppose to be a video game but I only heard the news for a new Mumford and Sons album in the middle of this year (The list is usually prepared by the end of the year before until the first 2 months of the current year).  Babel came out earlier than the video game so I guess I have to write about this first.  Now, I don't buy a lot of album; only musicians who I'm truly passionate for deserve my attention due to my limited money.  Buying this album had some risks though because I've already heard most of the songs in it online.  Thankfully, the songs online were live performances and studio recorded ones are always a major win for me.  Even with my passion for this awesome band, I didn't want to waste my money.  I really wanted to make the album last long.  Alhamdulillah, it was money well bloody spent! 

And to make you readers understand how much I love this band, just listen to them: 



FINALE AND NUMBER FIVE
And on October 30th, Assassin's Creed III will make it's way to stores.  I'm confident, like most fans are, that what everybody expects is the breathtaking story.


I've been focusing too much with my studies, Batman, Avengers and even Kamen Rider :P  
...I almost forgot my passion for Assassin's Creed!  It will be releasing soon and I'm not that hyped! What's wrong with me! Haha! 

And F.Y.I, this is also a post to hype the upcoming game. 


I'm not that much of a fanatic when it comes to gameplay and I assume that, probably, most readers would assume an explanation of it when one is writing about a video game.  Sorry guys, I'm not good at explaining technical stuffs and so, the video above might give you the explanation or at least, an idea of what the game would be like.  I'm here to write about the extraordinary story.  Jump to the site and you'll also learn about the Naval Battles in the game! 



What amazes me is that the games tells the story of two protagonist, Desmond Miles and the new assassin, Connor Kenway.  While most promotional videos and posters highlights the new assassin, I am excited for Desmond Miles because it is the story that drives the franchise.  It is also said that this game will mark the end of Desmond's story.  



 But what I want most for this installment is a good villain! Frankly, in my opinion, previous main antagonist in the franchise such as Cesare Borgia wasn't very good.  A good story deserves an epic adversary.  You need to highlight a villain if you want to make them awesome; to build hype for their battle.  Like Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, he was advertised pretty well and people started to like him before the movie actually came out.  I notice that this franchise doesn't really highlights that and even when you play the game, the villains weren't epic enough.  Only Cesare was highlighted when AC: Brotherhood came out and he's as good as it gets which is not enough to me.  But there is a solution and I'm sure most true Assassin fans has notice this: 



Daniel Cross

       He had his own comic book series thus to me, it is an awesome way to promote an antagonist.  The comic was a prequel before the events of the game itself, the assassins were heavily beaten by the Templars due to their undercover agent, Daniel Cross himself.  He is a traitor to the assassins brotherhood because he himself is a descendant of an assassin in 19th century Russia, Nikolai Orelov.  Because of him, many of the modern assassins were killed; leaving the remained to scatter across the globe.  

We've seen classical Assassins assassinating men in robes.  I think it's about time to see modern assassins to be highlighted in a epic one on one battle; finally adding an original, interesting and well promoted antagonist would really make Desmond's story an epic finale.  

That's all for this hype and I really hope Assassin's Creed III, the last on my 2012 list, won't be a let down.  Here's hoping for better days, Salam everybody! 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments