Faqihin On Tuesday 6 December 2011

We all know Kamen Rider, the bug-like hero from Japan that has fill our local television network for years.  It's really fascinating how they came up with all of this transformations ideas; from cards and cell phones, they can make the sillies ideas look cool.  Recently, I've found some other armored heroes that resembles Kamen Riders and their from Korea and China.  I think they call these type of heroes tokusatsu, am I right? Well, I don't really care. It's just that I've been trying to draw an original superhero since 12 and I've never even thought of exampling Japan.  I drew heroes with capes, tights and so on; all referred to Western superheroes.  And it got me thinking, I should of example Japan more dang it! Now I know why Tun Dr. Mahathir always tells us to refer to Japan.  Well, I don't think that we should example Japan in every aspects, just the good ones.  Inspirations and ideas can come from everywhere and I believe, a good idea can become a great idea when we refer and learn from all types of cultures.


   Here's a hero from China, Armor Hero.  This action scene is really cool :p



      And here's from Korea.







And here's my version! Haha :p  
Now, I'm not taking this character seriously because it's an obvious rip off from the start but I'll tell you his powers anyway.  Yes, what you see on his belt there is a 'Keris', a traditional Malaysian knife; he needs that to transform (haha! lame right?) Oh and the silliness doesn't stops there.  His belt is half metallic (on the 'Keris' side) while the other is made of leather straps.  What's in the middle? An Iphone! or any touchscreen phones you could think of.  I've noticed that Malaysian really like to label their local films a rip off from Hollywood's films.  Some Malaysians called Cicak Man as Spider Man Malaysia and Merong Mahawangsa as Pirates of the Caribbean Malaysia (now this I disagree).  So, since this character is an obvious rip off, why not go further with the rip off thing eh? After all, this is just for fun.  The touchscreen phone is sort of Malaysia's rip off of Iphone's tech and look.  He puts on the belt, insert his special Iphone in the middle and insert a special memory card in it.  The memory card will unlock a special button to transform.  But wait, there's more! He has to insert his special mystical 'Keris' in his belt in order to press the button.  Then boom! Touches the screen and transforms!

   His design is based on our King's clothing.  And now all is left is to name him.  What should we call him? Royal Knight? Nahh, to common.  'Raja Keris'? (King's knife).  How's about you guys name him, give me your comments! :D.  All right, that's all I have to write about this.  The drawing is kind a poor though, I was in a hurry to post something; SPM just finished! :p

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. haha, i would like to call him King's Blade but.... in Kamen Rider Blade, his final form name is King. haha Ironic huh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. If its about the keris, I would like the Taming Sari always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name it's all up to you actually..but maybe you should make your own version of Kamen Rider with more traditional Malay weapons rather than just the Keris..I recommend using the "Kerambit" cause it's smaller and the enemy can't really see it until it's too late..

    ReplyDelete