Faqihin On Wednesday 7 December 2011

I've written down a draft but only time can tell whether it's the best plot idea for the story.  Recently, I've stumbled upon a new show; a sequel to The Avatar: The Legend of Aang.  The new main character is Korra; a 17 year old girl.  Here's the preview of the show:

To me, it's very inspiring :')

Why is it inspiring? It's because I was a huge fan of Aang's saga; the action scenes were breathtaking and the storytelling was very inspiring.  Even though the show is meant for kids, it manages to balance it's quality for adults as well.  The kids could enjoy a funny cartoon with really good action scenes while adults embraces the depths of the story; on how all of this conflicts affects Aang, his friends and the world.  To see Aang's great legacy being continued is just awesome to me (I don't know why but the idea of legacies just inspires me).
    This show gives me the feeling that the events in it is very important and that's the kind a reaction that I want when people reads my story.  I want to write Nurul (still pending on the name) as a Muslim woman who tries her best to make her love ones happy just as Aang tried for the world.  And she's going to do it by wearing the hijab while carrying on her responsibilities as a ninja.  Yep, I think I'm going with the ninja plot because my friends told me that it was a better idea than being a history student who loves Cosplay.  But I'm not entirely sure on the whole being a ninja thing.  It sounds corny and ninjas in Malaysia? That sounds kind a lame and so here are new plot ideas I've come up with:

1. A Muslim woman who's a member of a small group of ninjas; a local vigilante group that stops crooks.  Things change when she finally decided to wear the hijab.

2. She's a member of a local parkour club; a teacher and a master parkour artist in training.  Beeing that the club teachers always wear black shirts and a pair of Katanas is seen hanging on the clubhouse wall, most teens dubbed them as ninjas.  Secretly, She and three other club teachers are vigilantes at night.  Her commitment to parkour becomes complex when she decided to wear the hijab.



    I'm still not giving up on the Persian helmet thing though (the first plot idea from the previous post) because I'm still convinced that it somehow can be a great story line.  Who knows, maybe I can combine it? So, give me your thoughts on which one of the above plot ideas is better; ninja or parkour dubbed as ninja?


     -Embrace Your Creed- 



The drawing still could be improved and I really need to name her; Nurul doesn't clicks somehow.  This time, I referred to Irma Hasmie (not Zooey Deschanel :p) for the hijab shape and design.  She's a local artist who spreads the words of Islam through media from time to time.  I'm a fan of hers :p

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Maybe i can set a draft of her being a ninja and another one being a parkour "ninjas"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure, you do that and create some of your own characters for her story too :D
    might be more interesting :)

    ReplyDelete