Faqihin On Monday 14 May 2012

When I dropped my early comic idea for this blog, most of my posts lacked original designs from then on.  I've posted a few short comics but they weren't enough for me.  I wrote some reviews and even posted some random videos just for the sake of making this blog more...alive, so to speak though I did enjoy writing the reviews.  I had a project of making a 10 to 20 page comic book with a friend but alas, it didn't came to reality as there were loads of technical difficulties and time problems.  I had my part time job at the time while my scanners and laptop were completely annoying and unhelpful.  In the end, I lost the script due to reformatting.  Oh, I saved most of sketches and files in a hard drive.  All but ONE and it had to be that script.  The project was called Hipter Stan.  A hipster who works on the moon.



   It was meant to be a dark comedy/science fiction/action genre...it could of been epic you know.  Now, me and friend ditched the supposedly hipster fashion of wearing huge glasses, having funny moustache and the scarf around their neck.  I was thinking about making him having a nerdy look with hairs combed to the side.  Stan was an ignorant person who doesn't tolerate well with other people's opinions and in the story, he met other versions of himself from different universes.



A version of Stan from a universe that was on the verge of war.  He's the one who made the Stans capable of meeting each other from multiple universes due to his gun.









Some of the possible looks for the Stans.


 Before Hipster Stan was dropped, while this project was still in the writing process, I did sketched a few short comics.  Unfortunately, they're not much but I plan to do more, Insya Allah.
Dragon Ball paradoy: Still Standing.
Mission: Bond, James Bond.


I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I tend to make sure my stories are epic.  I often write my stories half way and dropped them because I thought they weren't epic enough for me.  I forget that I'm still learning; still in the rookie phase of writing and drawing; a newb, so to speak.  So, this time, I went all out random! I sketched random shapes, gave them eyes and mouth; put in a straight forward and simple plot and done, out came Riley! Yep, that's the title of the comic and Alhamdulillah, I can finally post it.  Now, the purpose of this comic is for constructive criticisms; to improve my writing and drawing capabilities and I hope once you've read it, you can tell me what you think.  You can comment on this post or email me at Faqihin_Rules@yahoo.com.


My Hipster Stan partner also finished his own short comic recently and here's the link: Haxorxor on DeviantArt



Well, this is just part one of my short comic, Riley, but I hope I'll get to post part 2 soon, Insya Allah.


Some behind the scenes pictures of how I spend my time sketching.  Most of the time, I would take a laptop and one of my Transformers figure for inspiration.



Of course, I would listen to songs to keep me passionate while drawing and recently, I've listen a lot to Assassin's Creed Revelation's scores.  "You have earned you rest" is my favourite.  About that toy, I know it seems weird but quite frankly, I do get distracted a lot.  I'd often draw for 3 minutes and start to hallucinate my ideas, thinking about my personal problems and so on.  Looking at it just keeps me focus for awhile...somehow.  Yeah...weird..haha.



And here's the link to my short comic: Riley Part One


You have to download though because I think posting all of the sketches here wouldn't click somehow.  I think it would just be easier if you download it.  Don't forget to give me your opinions, okay? Again, comment here or just email me at Faqihin_Rules@yahoo.com.



Salam and have a good day everybody! 

{ 6 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Assalamualaikum...
    oklah apa yang ko buat ni..keep up the good work..
    we aku ada satu blog yg mungkin boleh bgi ko inspirasi lah kan utk komik ko..
    ni dia http://mistisfiles.blogspot.com/2010/01/senjata-senjata-melayu-yang-digelapkan.html

    ----->this kind of blog kind of mix up conspiracy theories,Islam,science,ancient & modern Malay history so it would help you with your comics..so happy reading<------
    And one more thing the author of this blog are 6 or more different individuals with expertise on their respective field so some articles may be contradicts a bit...but they are on the same team and mostly they are on the same boat...
    Gud Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damm man I did a little blog-travelling and I found some Chinese girls from my class that already have blogs..mann..what I got to say is that they are SO FINE brother!..now I started to wonder if I should have a blog...
    but of course what should I write about dude?..
    any idea?..plz reply man I know ur busy with ur prep for university & I'll see you soon bro..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's either a diary-like blog, writing your activities and thoughts, or a blog about Islamic mindsets; of how today's youth thinks about Islam's history, do's and don't's and so on. Up to you bro :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh okay that looks like a good idea to start blogging haha..but I'm still kind of lazy you know(post SPM result syndrome)...
    hey have you checked out the blog that I gave to you?----> (http://mistisfiles.blogspot.com/)..
    Maybe I'll be making Facebook account but I don't know..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost June now -_-
    post spm syndrome should be over already and I've visited the website you gave me. It seemed decent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whatever dude, not everyone heal as fast as you :P ..you suck man..you said the website "it seemed decent"???..
    what's wrong with you?..try to spend a lot more time then only u rate that website okay?.anyway happy college life.

    ReplyDelete