Faqihin On Friday 4 May 2012

I've just notice something; I haven't post anything labelled 'Experimental Character' (EC) for a while.   Since I've dropped 'Nurul Shakira', I guess I completely forgot about it.  Alhamdulillah, I did manage to post some short comics but they're under the label 'Shorts'.  The original concept of EC was to share you guys the development of my characters; sharing how they started out and where did I get the inspiration.  Then, I would post short stories of them.  Well, I don't think I would want to continue posting short stories of them but I do, however, want to share the development of a few characters...just for fun :D

A friend of mine once reminded me that sharing ideas can make them better by knowing the opinions of others and so, I'll continue doing EC.  Besides, I feel sort of guilty because the past three post of mine didn't had any of my sketches =/ ....man, that's not good.

And just for the sake of making this post longer :p
...here's the first post of Experimental Character.

Sort of creepy, don't you think? 


I also had this idea of how I would practice writing creatively by writing something new and random once in a while.  I would take two different things or person and combine them; trying to come up with a story or characters that's original as possible.  Sadly, I haven't done that.  So, I guess, posting EC is also a way for me to improve my creative writing. Yay me! :) 

The sketch above is a combination of Adventure Time's Jake the dog and Ron Weasley.  I'm not sure if it's obvious enough for you but the clothes are based on Hogwart's students attire while his face was inspired by Jake the dog.  Jake had a shape shifting ability; he's body would expand and grow as if he was made from rubber.  So, yeah, I guess, the guy above is made out of rubber...I think =/

It's still in the  brainstorming process and yes, the thing he's holding is sort of like the snitch.  Figuring out his personality is not the best thing to do now because I'm not sure how would I want the plot goes.  I prefer to figure the plot first and then I'll start with the characteristics.  For now, let's call him Tom.  The next sketch it's not good though, I was in a rush but hey, it's still in the brainstorming process.  I'll improvise it  =)


I think this by far, the worst scanned sketch I've posted here .



Sketching Tom wasn't enough to spark some ideas for the plot and so I drew this guy...a bald midget =) dude, that's so meannnn  -__- 

He's not suppose to be short though he is suppose to be bald.  Again, I combined two random things and after I drew Tom, I decided to draw something for the first two posts I see on 9gag.  The first one was a post about a Pokemon game which I'm not sure which one.  I noticed that the Pokemon's name was Rassilon and so I googled that.  It turns out he was a villain of some sort from the show Doctor Who; a time lord who, for the namesake, uses the power of time.  The second post was a cosplay of Lord Voldemort which was pretty good.  Who would've known that you could find decent inspirations from a website like 9gag huh?   Let's call the guy above Professor.  I imagine him being a mad scientist who had just discovered time travelling through the combination of Science and Magic.  The Snitch looking thing that was on Tom's hand provided the magic while the Professor's glove somehow uses the snitch's powers to open time portals.  Oh yeah, the glove is actually a remote to control a satellite that opens the time portal.  How did Tom turned to rubber? Should this be a dark comedic story or a serious one? Well, this is part of the fun! Share your thoughts please and give ideas that's entirely different from mine if you want! =D



Salam and have a good day everybody! 

{ 1 comments... read them below or add one }

  1. Comedy, not dark comedy, I dont see dark comedy in this one

    ReplyDelete