Faqihin On Saturday 11 May 2013


Alright, this is another quick post.  

I often see labels aren't used as proper page breakers in blogs.  I try to use mine as a page breaker; to make sure the movie lovers goes to the movie reviews and possible employers to my artworks =P  hehe~   And so, here's some new title cards I design for the benefit of the readers.  If you have the time, I would gladly appreciate if you guys would give some feedback.  Please and thank you! =D




To be frank, it always bothered me that the bland pencil sketches are the thumbnails of my posts.  Yeah, I know it means that I should make more colorful artworks but putting this title card as the thumbnail might also give some mystery, curiosity and anticipation to the posts.  Check the posts here!  



I feel like there should be some explanation of what this label specifically refers to.  Well, it's basically my attempt of bottling up various topics (That does not specifically involve arts, reviews or tropes) into one; it varies to lists of 'must see' films to sharing songs.  I also show some progress of my personal artworks.  Check them out here!     



And the final title card is a new one! Since I am now an art student, it's time to add some more arsenals in my blog.  I'm no longer just a kid who's trying to make it in the art world.  It's kind of funny how I am able to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop now; considering that I found some old art work I did when I was 12 and I was using Microsoft Paint! Man, that is sad.  Well, enough of that and let's get into this new label.

I've written some posts regarding genres and story ideas in the past.  I've learnt about tropes around a year after creating this blog.  Although not most posts are specifically tropes (In fact, some of them are made up), I still use this term as it's a proper term to refer to these posts.  Of course, I'll try to use some actual tropes.  In case you're not aware of what is trope or, at least, to what I'm referring to, here's the definition as explained in the website TV Tropes.org:

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations."


As for Movie reviews, book reviews, Islam and Serious Steps (Labels that I'm still using), I'm just gonna use a proper picture as the thumbnail.  Besides, I think having the movie poster as the thumbnail is more than enough to let you know what topic I am writing about. 

So, that is all for this post.  I hope the title cards would help in getting more readers and as well more satisfactions from them.  Again, constructive criticisms is always welcomed! 




Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments