Faqihin On Sunday 19 May 2013



Now that I'm on my semester breaks, I have more time to post more original art pieces here. Unfortunately, it won't be works from my last semester.  Why? To be frank, some of them weren't good and more importantly, they weren't 'Me'.  In the last semester, assignments I received were in groups for most subjects. I didn't bothered to put in some of my own style in them.  I just asked for what to do and make sure I made it in time.  Such a shame too because there were two video assignments...damn!

Here are past works I made for my assignments labeled "Serious Steps" . 

But I am working on a post and it's coming soon.  Before that, I just wanted to write about the upcoming series, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  No, I'm not going to be all geeky for this series.  I just had to write about this because, to me, it's has a  huge possibility of changing the Comic Book landscape forever! 


No, it's not being geeky! Just think for a second of the possibility! 

It's a tie-in series to the Marvel's Cinematic Universe; a hoard of Marvel superhero films that escalated in The Avengers.  Yes, we've seen tones of movie tie-in series but this one is somewhat different in terms of it's basic plot.  First of, it's a series to the universe which means we're not gonna see forced stories just to cope or catch up with the films; the room for creativity is wide enough for a solid writing.  Secondly, and if I haven't emphasize this enough, the show is a  true leap forward in the comic book industry.  Why, you may ask; it's no stranger that comic books heavily relies on rosters of characters and the series allows those lesser titans in the roster a chance to appear in live action.  Yes, it's that simple, commonly unattended, uproar of fans to see their favorite heroes come to life.  Finally, we can see unattended heroes like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Black Cat (Who seems impossible to be brought to life due to possible'gimmick' infringement of Cat Woman) and even, the Inhumans! The bridge between the colorful pages of comics and live action could almost be diminished.  


Well, that's all there is to it for positive expectations.  In the more depressing possibilities, there is the tendency of television series of using the drama genre quite annoyingly.  For example, there is DC's Smallvile.  I am aware that the show did well but alas, for fans of my taste, it was just too dramatic.  Ridiculous conflicts of miss-communication between gals and pals.  Don't get me wrong, the drama always make the story more strong; it's just to what are they crying for is bothering me.  I just can't bear that the character has to deal with his girlfriend being dramatic while he has to save the freaking world! I would be like 'Woman, stop being selfish! The man needs to stop the train from exploding!'.  But hey, that's what that sort of drama--okay, let's just call it chick flick.  That's what chick flick wants from the audience; a reaction of love or hatred towards the characters.  There is also, and I shall make it brief, the C.S.I. investigating shit.  I hate it. Don't put it in there. 

Agent Coulson is back...yeah, I'm not that excited about it. Intrigued but not excited. 


So, that is all for this brief post.  I haven't posted something like this in awhile; feels rewarding somehow.  Also, I can't wait to write for the next post; it is sure to have some decent amount of my art piece.  I am now still touching up the works.

Salam and have a good day everybody!  

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments