Faqihin On Thursday 22 December 2011

   I wrote a song! It's called water my heart.  I usually come up a tune in my head but since I can't play any instrument, I often forget.  So, this time, I just refer to any unpopular songs and rewrite it's lyrics.  I know, it sounds...pathetic to say the least but it's a start nonetheless.  Besides publishing my stories, I also aim to share and expand ideas with people; Insya Allah.

I was listening to a playlist from another youtuber that contains loads of Nathan Johnson's The Brothers Bloom scores (hehe) and all of a sudden, this song appears.  I instantly fell in love with it! So soothing and meaningful.  And so, I rewrite the lyrics of this song...sort of.  Well, I just wrote a few lines of a song and here it is:



Water my heart with reference from That Moon Song by Gregory Alan Isakov
Who-o-o-o-o-o
And I thought that you were the one,
Hmm-m-m-m-m
Well, this young heart has a lot to learn
Though I’m sorry for what I have done and I thank you for all that you’ve done
The desire to be loved is not an excuse to hurt you and make you in my own vision
To stray from your needs and comfort mine
Darling, I’m sorry for neglecting your heart for all this while that you’ve watered mine
Who-o-o-o-o
Can you please water my heart?
Hmm-m-m-m-m
To grow with passion and away from this nonsense
And so I learned what true love is; forgive me again for my folly
No, those words won’t pull me back in
In the depths of deceiving your fragile soul
Who-o-o-o-o
Understand darling that you’re the world to me
Hmm-m-m-m-m
Water my heart and I shall water yours

Who-o-o-o

Be my lover and I’ll make you smile
Who-o-o-o
And no mishaps can make you frown
Who-o-o-o
God, please make us one
Who-o-o-o
Because my soul wouldn’t be complete without hers.



     I know it seems kind a pointless, to post lyrics without being able to imagine or even hum the melodies but I don't know, I figured, why not? I just want to expand my writings in every ways I could think of; to share ideas in hopes of to be inspired by others.  So, I end this post with another inspiring song from one of my favorite bands of all time; Mumford and Sons! Gentlemen, let their melodies inspire your soul!


  

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments