Faqihin On Thursday 9 February 2012

     My computer is broken! Something wrong with the pc, I think.  So, I can't use my printer to scan my sketches.  It would take a while for me to fix this problem.  Sigh, so much problem but so little time.  I wanted to post something regarding science fiction.  I've already sketch something about it but the thing is, I wan't to ink it :p

I figured that I should post some inked works to, you know, show you my progress.  But alas, I can't.  So, here are some random videos that, well, inspired me to write or to just pass my time.



  I became a huge fan of home made stop motion videos after Transformers film came out.  I love the idea of making your own version of the saga with toys.  I respect them for posting their videos because they're doing what they love which is Transformers and story telling.  The above video is just a short one.  If you want to view a whole saga; try searching Nightslash 2020 on Youtube.




This is not a stop motion.  It's just a  guy playing with toys and does a voice over afterwards.  However, I didn't straight away conclude this video as pathetic when I first saw it.  No, I instantly loved it! Because it's funny and it shows what the DC and Marvel fans think of the latest superhero films in Hollywood.  Again, this is a home made video.  I did found a professional one; better stop motion with green screen backgrounds and what not.  But I still prefer this one.





The latest music video from Coldplay! I love this band! How would I describe their song? Well, this is just a theory but I think Coldplay's songs are mostly about anything, I guess.  For their first few albums, they sang mostly about love while Viva La vida or Death and all his friends was more to world peace.  This is the unique part about Coldplay, they're always changing their gimmicks and sounds.  Not many dare to do so; especially when you're successful as Coldplay.  Most bands who were successful with their first and second album, they tend to stick with that gimmick to the very end of their careers.






I was never a huge fan of this band.  I didn't hate them.  I just didn't bothered to follow them.  But I gotta admit, this video is awesome! And the song is just the kind of song I love!




Finally! A studio version of this song! I've posted a live performance video of this song before but hey, everybody prefers to listen to a studio recorded song in their mp3 right? So, how would I describe Mumford and Sons music? Well, most of their songs to me, screams out pride.  Marcus's often screams really gets me pumped up; realizing me that I can't just sit down and whine about my problems.  Their songs makes want to get up and achieve something.




And lastly, Maher Zain! What I love about this fellow Muslim is that he dares to try something new.  I admit, most Malaysians just listen to his songs; saying "Oh, it's good", not knowing the genius and bravery of Maher Zain.  Honestly, how many tried to collaborate Pop and Islam? Heck, I think many dare not to try it because they think it wouldn't work or Religion, specifically Islam, shouldn't be associated with Pop.  I truly respect to my fellow Muslims who try to spread the words of our prophet through music and films because it is not an easy task to execute.  May Allah help you in your journey, Maher Zain; Insya Allah.  




Have a nice day everybody, Salam!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments