Faqihin On Tuesday 31 January 2012



For the record, I just like reviewing random films.  You don't actually have to review the latest ones right? Anyway, when I saw the trailer of this film, I expected it to nothing more than a simple and silly film for kids.  So, you can't expect it to be an epic comedy; just enjoy it   :)

Honestly, this film shows how an idiot is capable of turning an empire into an 'entertainment' based establishment with the right influence and in this case, size.  Jack Black's character, Gulliver somehow went to another dimension when he crossed the Bermuda Triangle.  There, he met tiny people; a postmodern world where they lived in a medieval Britain like fashion with advanced technology.  He lied to them about him being awesome in his own world; silly and ridiculous things like him being President Awesome who died saving Rose when Titanic sunk and was reborn as an Avatar.  Did I mention that he was Wolverine somewhere along the way? Aside the lie, Gulliver had to protect the kingdom that he lied to from another kingdom.  Fascinating thing though, I noticed that the kingdom that Gulliver was protecting had a blue themed thing going on while the enemy's theme was red.  I think it was for the kids; for them to easier identify which one is which.  Of course, with Jack Black, the silly rock fanaticism is a must.  He settled the their rivalry with a freakin' song.  It was War by Edwin Starr.  So, what do I think of the film in overall? Well, it's kind a silly.  I mean, sillier than usual.  The film Bedtime Stories, starring Adam Sandler wasn't as silly as this.  But hey, it's a kid's film.  So, I can't just mock the film entirely.  In my opinion, I think it's kind a ignorant and silly for critics to mock a kid's film such as this because it's meant for kids.  What do you expect? We should be thankful that innocent and clean films such as this are still made.  I love the film White Chicks, it's hilarious! But let's be frank here, it's not appropriate for kids right? And I watch that flick when I was around 10 to 12.  So, for a kid friendly film, I give it a 3/5.  I would of give it a 2.5/5 but common, it's a simple kid's film.  What do you aspect?

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments