Faqihin On Saturday 7 January 2012

 
 I've watched Assassin's Creed: Embers; a short film regarding of the game's hero, Ezio Auditore, after his retirement as an assassin.  Even though it was really simple, it still touched me in a way.  Ezio was of course, old and married.  He also had a daughter and sadly (SPOILER ALERT) he died.  What amazes me is that someone actually took sometime to make a video to 'celebrate' Ezio's life and that's what the video above is; a combination of the game's score throughout the series that had Ezio as a leading character.  Yeah, I've seen tribute videos of wrestlers, movie heroes but 'celebrating' a fictional character's life? In a way, it is the same thing as a tribute video but it's funny how they chose their words.  But I do like the video.  In Assassin's Creed: Revelations, it marked the end of Ezio Auditore's era in the game to make room for another character in the next game.  To me, that's a unique and a bold move from Ubisoft.  They're trying to open themselves to new possibilities with the game franchise.  I mean, you don't see a lot of companies trying to end a characters story with only 3 to 4 years of usage? Even if Marvel deiced to 'kill' Peter Parker in their comics to make way for a new Spider Man, there's another Peter Parker in another 'Universe'.  Now, I know that games and comics are two different things but hey, it still involves characters and good story telling and for your information, Assassin's Creed has been working on novels and comics as well.

Miles Morales as Spider-Man in the Marvel Ultimate Universe

    With more and more inspiring characters I've watched; I can't help to feel that I want to make one myself.  I want to create a character that could inspire people in any ways that is good.  Whether the character's a mobster, preacher or a super hero; I want a character that could achieve what Ezio and Peter Parker could, Insya Allah :D


As for Nurul Shakira,
I've finished the script but I'm still trying to improve my inking.  I'm no good with inking :( But of course, I won't take long with the drawing.  If I think it's good enough, it's good enough.  After all, I am an ametuer :D

  

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments