Faqihin On Thursday 26 January 2012


  I wasn't much of a Transformers fan before the live action film but after that, I instantly fell in love with it.  And my fandom of the Transformers universe introduced me to stop motion.  I was amazed by the Transformers videos on youtube because the idea of using action figures for movies was new to me.  Of course, I did read articles on the Transformers universe; learning their fictional history and it inspired me more to create my own story of Transformers :)


    The video above was one of my biggest inspiration for creating my own version of Transformers.  I love the fact that Transformers were actually created by Aliens but I'd prefer to think of the Aliens as organic aliens because it just makes more sense doesn't it? The aliens were called Quintessons in the original animated series and I imagined them created a whole new planet as a huge factory to create their robot slave.  In fact, the planet itself had a software that was called Primus.  This is where the video above inspired me: Primus created consumer bots and military bots but soon after, Primus develop emotions and started to rebel against it's creators, the Quintessons.  And so on and so forth, they fought, a war happened, they learned to transform; all of that stuffs that happened above happened in my story.  But in the end, Primus decided to sacrifice it's life to create the matrix of leadership which he gave to Alpha Trion.  Alpha Trion didn't though that he was worthy and so he gave it to Vector Prime, the first Prime.  They defeated the Quintessons and after decades of living in harmony, the civil war happens; this is where the consumer bots called themselves Autobots and military bots called themselves Decepticons.  But unfortunately, I didn't remembered how it went because this idea was 3 years ago.  But it ain't bad isn't it?  

A sketch I did 3 years ago

Eventually, I ignored this idea because, well, it's obviously not original and this is not the only idea I had 3 years ago.  I had loads of them and all of them were dropped and ignored.  It's a good thing I kept almost every sketch of my ideas though because when I read them back; they've inspired me to redo them into better and more mature stories.  I've discovered that ideas expand within time and so I've created the Archive :D


Whenever a random idea pops out in my head, I start developing the plots, characters and write them down on my laptop.  So, in the future, I can just pick any one story that suits the current predicament.  Which comes to my main point, I'm putting Nurul Shakira in the Archive.  Why? Because I don't think I can do such a story right now; not with my limited skills in drawing.  So, here are some final sketches before I declare this idea being shelved in my Archive:


I tried to create another costume for Nurul Shakira because the old one didn't quite fit into today's modern day fashion.   This one still doesn't fits   :/





Some failed panels :/






Nurul Shakira and two other key characters.  Top left: Sakura ( A Japanese girl who's a ninja) and her Malaysian Chinese cousin, Chan (Still pending on the name)






The Wallpaper concept of the series.  I drew this last year .



So, I don't know if I still want to post short comics in here but I'll try to post some other topics, artworks, animation or any other things that can inspire me to write and draw.  Lastly, I think it's obvious that Nurul Shakira was inspired by Assassin's Creed right? The hoodie, parkour and all.  So, I think I should end this post with a sketch of an Ottoman Assassin I did weeks ago.  Bye and Salam everybody!



Nothing is true, everything is permitted.


 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments